View Single Post
Old 03-07-2021, 08:03 AM
Omnislash
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2019

Originally Posted by Imapylot View Post
I made no differentiation between wanting and deserving. In fact, I didn’t even use those words at all. I just said it’s a bad contract. One of the biggest reasons I voted no actually had nothing to do with pay or rigs or work rules or anything that could be considered more than what we got. It was grey areas and holes in language. There are too many examples of weak language that the company can and will take advantage of. I came here from another airline that had rock solid language in their mediocre contract. When the initial negotiations started a long long time ago, I told the union my opinion that they need to shore up a lot of the language. I said that in every survey they gave us. I voted no on every TA and stated that as a reason I voted no. So when I say it’s a bad contract it’s not even about wanting more, it’s about making sure what’s actually in it can’t be taken advantage of by the company. So get your stupid privilege argument out of here.
Oh but all your posts do make that argument. I want more too and that's ok. I don't walk around crapping on everything we do have just because I would like more. If your last company had better language that you felt more comfortable with, you should have stayed there. I agree that some of our language could and should be tighter. I don't even think the union guys would disagree there. The difference between them and you is that they take those arguments directly to the company to get things done in a recognized capacity. All you are doing is crying behind a keyboard trying to stir the rest of us up with bad info because you prefer that over asking the guys that you know will give you the correct info. If you want more that badly, go stick your own neck on the line in one of the contentious union spots to make things better for all of us. All of this is what shows your privilege and the obliviousness towards it. My buddies from ExpressJet would love to have your crappy contract. I'm sure the same can be said for the Compass and TransStates pilots as well.