View Single Post
Old 03-07-2021, 08:35 AM
Omnislash
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2019

Originally Posted by Imapylot View Post
After reading my posts, I did say I wanted more. I’m sorry if that was confusing and I’m sorry if my last long post was insulting. I do understand that you can’t get everything you want. That’s why it’s called negotiating. However, I still stand by my statement that we have a lot of weak language. Cleaning up language hurts nobody and helps both sides. It prevents long drawn out grievances when the existing language is vague. Strong language helps to prevent any misinterpretation of said language. Again, sorry that I kinda snapped on my last post. I did imply I wanted more but my real frustration with the contract and previous contracts and TAs is the weak language. The company can and will use every loophole they can find to their advantage.
It wasn't personally insulting and I do get your frustration because I have some of those too. I've been in a position in the past where those guys dropped everything to get me out of a jam and I'm glad that we have the guys we do. I don't always agree with the things that happen here but after dealing with our guys for this long, they get the benefit of the doubt because I know the work they put in and I'm not sure many others would do it. Even when I'm frustrated, I call the reps or the mec for more info and usually end up with a better understanding of what happened. The industry isn't what it was a couple years ago anymore. This pandemic took away all our momentum in the industry. When I talk to my friend from ExpressJet that is still struggling to get a job and support his family, it puts things into perspective and makes me thankful that our positions aren't switched.