View Single Post
Old 03-07-2021, 01:03 PM
CRJJ
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019
Position: B747 FO
Default WGU / TESU / Liberty

Several threads about the subject, but hopefully someone will add updated info/experiences.

I have way too much time off, and even when I'm in the middle of a trip, I still have plenty of time to study. And I do not have the magic degre. I may/may not need it in the future, but I'd rather get it done because you never know.

These are the 3 options I have in mind. WGU/TESU are both regionally accredited and I'm not 100% sure about Liberty, but I think it is as well.

Pros about TESU/Liberty, I could use my ATP, 121 experience and type rating to get a bunch of credits. Not an option at WGU, as far as I know. But WGU is competency based, so there's no deadlines per se, you can go as fast as you can.

Tuition wise, Liberty > TESU > WGU.

So far I have started a couple of classes on Study.com, whose credits are 100% transferable to TESU and WGU, and possibly Liberty.

Anyone out there completing or completed classes at Study.com, Sophia, etc....and then transferrred to one of these schools?

It seems to me that the the main difference is the tuition. Other than that they must be pretty similar in terms of difficulty, "reputation", etc...So not sure which one should I choose.

Thanks!.