View Single Post
Old 03-07-2021, 02:34 PM
tnkrdrvr
Occasional box hauler

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by THEKERNALKLINK View Post
For me, it's about being there to do a job, do it safely and well, and to conduct myself with other people the way my mother raised me to do so. Their is absolutely ZERO social reason to be there. I don't buy lunches or dinners, or go out with crews, and do not talk about company business, politics, religion, world events on the job.

I enjoy polite conversations about our family farm, previous flying experiences and equipment, my path, all that's fine, but it's "light." Definitely love talking about my kids and my wife. We have those moments where it's OK.
I totally get avoiding politics and religion. I have to admit that I don’t see your point in company and world news. That can directly affect your job and an F/O should be able to get a captain’s thoughts on how it might impact them. It’s not in any contract that you must socialize with or buy dinner/drink for yours F/O. However, it is the sort of gesture that builds a more cohesive team. 99/100 who cares, but when the jet is on fire, etc you won’t regret building a better team.