Old 03-08-2021, 04:56 AM
acecrackshot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2014

Originally Posted by LabDad06 View Post
But they are different companies, WO vs AA. Great thing once anyone makes it there, military or regional, you start over and are on equal ground. Military pays their dues to get there, regional pays their dues to get there. Now you're both at level 0 and are peers. Why should a regional pilot start on level 5 when they are brand new to the game? And once you're there help out your flying buddies you know and help bring them in.

While I do understand some ill feelings of military jet pilots coming in and taking most of the slots, the same could be said about other regional pilots looking at the WO pilots getting to AA simply by waiting their turn and not from doing anything to stand out. I even had a recruiter at a job fair tell me that it was nothing against me, but I'd probably never make it to AA because of those two reasons. Not a mil jet pilot, and I went to another regional after being offered Envoy because it seemed like the better option at the time. Never gave up though and hopefully I'll be there anyway.
I would respectfully suggest that your knowledge of why this is bad on multiple levels is incredibly self-serving. In that, you are little different than the USAir/American pilots who've create this fake "WO vs. Mainline" narrative to somehow make something real that frankly isn't. Its been of tactical and operational advantage to the USAir/American pilot groups, who've in the past used it circumvent seniority, create B scales and do other tremendously profession-damaging but self-serving act. I'd make the case the WO vs. Mainline has been strategically tragic to the greater airline pilot community, perhaps second only to the FFD itself. Its literally wiped out decades of gains made in the early days of unionized pilot. Watching it happen in the last 20+ years has been a case of watching people consistently eat their seed corn.