View Single Post
Old 03-08-2021, 07:23 AM
abxflyr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by nitefr8dog View Post
My guess is the hotels for R1 will last while Covid is an issue just the all the extra catering. After that ...no. (Again my guess.)
The R1 hotel rooms are for all R1 crews during covid; it's a condition of a "Covid" side letter addressing various operational issue during pandemic times. The original letter had a drop dead date that continues to get extended at 3 or 4 month intervals by the company. I would also imagine ABX will terminate these items at some point in the future. The R1 rooms will most likely be addressed at that time by the Exco, but it is not contractual, therefore goodwill, if any, is company discretion.

A side note. Line holders who bid R1 assignments from their FLEX day are provided a hotel room (CBA).

Catering is provided for all flights at this time....again a portion of this is covid side letter. All AMZ flights are catered regardless of the Covid SL per customer request. This was done to prevent crews from having operational issues should any delay occur within their system. It is unknown if that practice will continue. Any delay on a long duty day could trigger a crew taking a "lunch break" (on their own dime) prior to an extended flight with a ground delay beforehand without catering.