Old 03-08-2021, 09:03 AM
Varsity
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2017
Position: 175 CA

Originally Posted by Pebbles View Post
, with all due respect, you sound as we all do when still at the regional level. It’s totally normal. I sat there in the RJ all the time talking about how “we do the same job, pay us the same as the American 73 in front of us on taxi out!” But, once you get to the next level, your viewpoint will most likely change. Mine did.

I think one sort of appreciates the hard work that gets one to the next level. I know some flow folks sort of feel entitled and don’t all have that same sense of pride in ones craft it seems. But for those hired via interview, there’s a great sense of pride in the accomplishment. Perhaps that difference is what helps one truly appreciate the separation.

My only point is that I’m pretty sure your feeling/argument will change once you’re here. Hopefully you’re not the new person who wears the “It’s Time” blue lanyard when brand new, just to show your same-uniform-wearing regional buddies that you are now truly a mainline pilot. Then you just prove the point, despite the words now.

Fire away, I expect it! I’m not trying to be mean, just sayin’ ...

Management loves that you 'feel different' for doing the same job. They play pilots like a flute with their caste system.

There is a reason it only exists in North America. It's a bull**** system that makes zero sense.