Thread: SkyWest ?’s
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2021, 10:19 AM
Sculprit
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2018

Originally Posted by brocklee9000 View Post
A year ago with the announcement from Chip, immediately we all thought LAX. A one for one replacement of Compass flying there. However, my bet is most or all in ORD. Maybe a DFW 175 base shows up, but I wouldn't be surprised if the initial cadre of 175s go to ORD. Even before covid happened, AA was planning sort of a reduction in LAX by virtue of the Alaska codeshare, and now with Jetblue. A few of our and former compass routes are reappearing in the bids as of the last few months, but LAX crews are mostly just sharing some of our PHX trips. ORD already has the pilot base in place, so that's why my wild a$$ guess is ORD initially, then maybe DFW. As much as I would like it to come to PHX to lure some senior folk away, I know in reality all it would do is take all our best overnights *and* just transfer in already-typed ERJ pilots and wouldn't be a net gain in my selfish point of view haha.

I want to say 4 sounds right, like the other poster said. My hunch is they would be the unmarked 900s that came off DL flying last year and were doing charters. 896SK and the others. Last night I saw one parked at B1, and when we got back from our standup I saw it taxi out. I think for a SBA, then LGB, then SLC. It looks like this, for anyone curious. Like they just painted over the Widget and the Delta name.
interesting stuff. Are these planes just temp then until more 700s come online?