Thread: Min schedule
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2021, 02:09 PM
KnotSoFast
Sick of whiners

Joined APC: Jun 2015
Position: 767 VEOP

Originally Posted by Jiggawatt View Post
So my priorities have changed and I’m interested in flying as few days per month as possible. My only experience is on 717 (while junior) and it was somewhat challenging to get much above a daily 5:15 average, which meant it was hard to get less than 15 days per month.

Anyone have opinions on best fleet to minimize days worked per month? I’m thinking both in terms of average daily hours to minimize PBS days awarded, and ability to drop/swap. I realize these factors will change coming out of the pandemic, but just looking for historic insight. I’m targeting west coast bases.

Thanks in advance!
Edit added: I should have RTFQ better, but will leave my non-responsive PBS answer anyway since it might help somebody next month.

First Bid Group...

1. Set condition min credit
2. Avoid {any trips you hate}
3. Credit per day 6:00 or more
4. List trips you like, or layovers you like
5. Clear SKD and restart

Second Bid Group...

3. Credit per day 5:40 or more
5. Clear SKD and restart

Third Bid Group...

3. Credit per day 5:20 or more
​​​​​​​5. {the last bid group will NOT have a Clr SKD & restart}

​​​​​​​... keep going with less restrictive papameters

If you don’t need a bunch of specific days off, that should work. If the 1st group doesn’t produce a solution, it will start anew with the 2nd bid group etc, etc. You can adjust the min credit times of each group as you see fit. Each successive bid group should be less restrictive, giving PBS more trips with which it can buils a solution.

Last edited by KnotSoFast; 03-11-2021 at 02:34 PM.