Thread: XOJET Questions
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2021, 05:43 PM
tsquared030
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2009

The previous replies to BCB27 speak for themselves, but are, in my view, accurate counters to BCB27's complaints. I've been at XO about 2 years and while the culture and company have been challenged over those two years with, (1) the purchase by Vista, (2) the move from CA to FLL and then COVID, I don't think there's another 135 operator (or anyone for that matter) who has handled those issues better than XO.
I came from a 30 yr 121 background and XO has been some of the most fun flying I've ever done. The pilot group and culture are top notch and while 2020 was a PITA year for layovers (restaurants, lounges, gyms closed), I've still been impressed with the way XO has treated us. Still top hotels (Hiltons/Marriotts), rental cars on request and no questions when you occasionally go over the daily allowance for food (been hard to do with COVID).
I'm leaving XO in the not too distant future to "retire" retire, as the reasons I took the job have changed for me personally. I'm happy to move on with my life, but I'll admit to some FOMO on the changes that are coming to this company. I think they are positioning themselves to be a premier 135 operator in the US and globally. For any of you looking to replace me, you should count yourself lucky if you get to work with this group, even with the new uniform. Just my .02.