Thread: XOJET Questions
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2021, 06:49 PM
BetJay85
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2021

Originally Posted by BackCourseBob27 View Post
Anyone who applies needs to understand the current situation with vista. XO is a now a far cry from what it used to be and is headed down as fast as they can muster.

All current pilot pay is frozen, and capped at ten year pay scale. They tell us that once we achieve 3 consecutive months of 2018 flight hours and yield levels, they will give us our pay back. The general consensus is that they are using the plandemic to get concessions until our current MOU is up, then put everyone on their crappy vista pay scale.

To achieve this, they will be creating a group of scabs using a “B” pay scale which no one really knows what it is but probably the vista pay scale: 75k for FO’s, CA pay at 120 until 5 years, then 123 until ten then capped at 129. One and only one week of vacation and training on days off. Maybe someone from the vista side can confirm if they are still training on days off.

They are pushing hard to get us to go to 15/13 and once they do this many will quit opening up the door for hiring said scabs who will undoubtedly be the people with prior DUI’s and busted checkrides.

Meanwhile we are flying as much if not more than ever, with the awful uniforms. Operations is not completely useless, and our workload has increased tremendously having to check everything they do, or forget to do. You are basically on your own, and spend all day correcting ridiculous mistakes and oversights. They told us this would get better once the move happened but a year in its even worse than before.

This is not hype, or an exaggeration, just know what you are getting into, as vistas true colors are coming through. Also they have purchased two charter outfits while cutting our pay, and spent 500k/per plane to paint and refurb the 300’s. They successfully took one of the best 135 outfits to work for, and destroyed it. The culture is totally different now, and they are not really transparent and honest like they claim to be.
I don’t know who BackCourseBob27 is but he does not speak for me or 99% of the pilots who have flown/ still flying at XOJET. In a time of absolute chaos for ANY industry, our company has found a way to keep moving forward and grow with little interruption to my Quality of Life. I see some CURRENT employees have started to respond to BackCourse’s comments and “Company insight”. Many have debunked his statements and theories. BackCourseBob27 has since DELETED his outrageous statement but as we can see, the internet is permanent and people talk. So let me add on to some of the statements my coworkers have posted since BackCourse’s post.

Can anyone name a company in any industry that has a 90 day employee return policy? XOJET does. As long as you left XOJET in good standing, you can return to XOJET within 90 days and still keep your status as if you never left, no questions asked. This has been a policy since the beginning of XOJET and one they have honored many times even during this COVID pandemic. We had several people leave here for “greener pastures” like the airlines or Part 91 gigs only to be furloughed/ laid off day one of the pandemic (exactly one year ago today). Instead of being jobless, they were able to return to XOJET at their previous position and all they lost was seniority minus days off property. That’s unbelievable. Not only that, but we have had a few pilots return a few years after leaving XOJET for varies reasons. They had to start again as FOs but they are happy to still have that opportunity to return. That should tell you A LOT about this pilot group and company.

I work with awesome people and an amazing company. The key word is work. This is not a vacation, although we would all like it to be. I know exactly what days I am working, and what days I am home. I DO NOT work or train on my days off. When I am on rotation, I make the best of every over night and destination. Sometimes, you’re lucky enough to land at JAC early enough to hit the slopes at Snow King before having an awesome dinner downtown. Other times you land late at night in the islands but force yourself to wake up early and walk on the beach, sipping coffee before another busy day. This job is what you make of it.

The Company is growing, and with that, there are some growing pains. They are trying to establish a new identity, one that I am excited to be a part of. I find it incredible what they have been able to accomplish during these trying times. While other companies are reducing their staff and parking airplanes, they are trying to ensure job security. If my pay has to freeze for a few months to ensure that, so be it. I can literally talk for hours and give many examples of why I am proud to work for XOJET. If you have any question, I believe this website allows you to contact me directly. I only made this account to I could respond to this AWFUL post that the coward BackCourseBob27 took down.