View Single Post
Old 03-13-2021, 09:45 AM
opt0712
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2012

Originally Posted by ACEssXfer View Post
hotels and tourism? Lol. Where do the people come from that use hotels and “tourism”.........what percentage of “tourism” do you think arrive at their destination via an airline? Cmon man. You also only answered 50% of what I said. I said hard hit AND vital to the economy.

There is no possible way for the govt to bail out every single small business and every single restaurant. There are simply too many. It also wouldn’t take years and years to rebuild the infrastructure of a small bookstore or ice cream shop on main st. Any town, USA. That said, my state had programs akin to the PSP for restaurants and small businesses. It helped many survive that otherwise wouldn’t have.

It is sad and unfortunate that so many people owning a small business lost their livelihood through no fault of their own. To insinuate they have the same economical impact of airlines ceasing to exist is asinine.

Lastly, you people keep mentioning how much pilots make. Yes, some are getting paid to sit at home. Pilots are a small fraction of the employees being propped up by the govt. My airline for example furloughed 20+ thousand. Only 1500ish were pilots. The other employee groups(all 18,500 of them) do not sniff even 50-60k a year never mind the 100+ you are mentioning.

You people need to stop and think before you post...........”tourism”.......lol
Man, it seems you really get off on proving you are smarter than other people. Yes, I should have been more specific in naming pilot jobs with regard to salary. The whole point that you seem to be missing, is what I stated above: The government bailed the airlines out THREE times. Perhaps a little humility, instead of the "I deserve this more than others" attitude you seem to be portraying in 90% of your posts.