View Single Post
Old 03-15-2021, 03:45 PM
crazyjaydawg
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2009
Position: Middle Seat

Originally Posted by Amike View Post
There seems to be a disconnect with how the company thinks conversions will go versus the actual language in 20-04.

Thinking out loud here:

An affected pilot doesn't become an active pilot until training (or conversion if no training is required). An affected pilot must be given 30 days notice before training. An affected pilot has no obligation to the company. And an affected pilot will not incur a seat lock on an AE.

Basically, my interpretation is they can convert everyone tomorrow if they want but that is not the trigger to move from affected to active status. So say April rolls around and they post another AE, and despite being awarded and converted on the March AE, I will still be an affected pilot since I haven't been to training. Therefore I will again not have a seat lock on the April AE award.

All this business about locking us all into this second AE award is suspect.

Originally Posted by FangsF15 View Post
Not so. Once converted, you are NQAT, and in active status. I’m sorry to say it, but they are going to mass covert not only so they can train the short course/RECY ASAP, but more “importantly” (for them) precisely so the can give you a seat lock of you bid in the next AE. Mark my words.
It looks like another case of “we didn’t think they would do that.” Of course most didn’t think they would be this far behind the power curve either.