View Single Post
Old 03-19-2021, 07:58 AM
Red Forman
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: Pilot

Originally Posted by ACEssXfer View Post
I asked which industries were hit as hard as airlines while simultaneously being vital to the economy. Are you telling me "all of them" is your answer? Please follow up. You won't though because you only post 1 or 2 sentence replies to everything with no substance whatsoever. I will commend you on your red Forman role play however. Snarky anecdotal remarks from the cheap seats like a heckler at a baseball game. Congrats.

I'll tee it up for you so you can squeeze out 3 or maybe 4 sentences: Airlines are essential to the recovery of the economy as well as sustaining said economy after it recovers. As sad as it is some guy who owns a comic book store in Bozeman is not. Restaurants have been hit just as hard as airlines. How do you bail out "restaurants"? How long would it take the govt to put together a program like that? Every restaurant in the country would apply for a portion of the money? A large percentage of restaurants are very poorly run and may have faltered eventually even if COVID never happened. The govt will have no way to vet whether or not a restaurant is going to responsibly use their money. How much would be wasted? 60% of "startup" restaurants fail within a year and 80% within 5 years. The same can be said for many other industries. The task is just too big and the upside vs money spent is too low. Airlines are easy and politically visible. Bailing out the guy in Bozeman is not.
I see we have been doing just fine without airlines firing on all cylinders. If one thing is apparent is that cargo is by far much more vital to the economy. The only flying that’s been going on the past year has been “must have to” travel. Everything else is not necessary leisure travel. So please stop it with your job is so much more important than anyone else’s shtick.