View Single Post
Old 03-19-2021, 05:54 PM
Hedley
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2020

Originally Posted by idlethrust View Post
No, I disagree. They are being reactive to Kirbys announcement last April / May when he stated the 50 seaters will all but be gone from UA feed system in a year or two.
Thats when they got off their ass and started to make shiidddd happen.
if that announcement wasn’t made by Kirby none of what you see now would be happening.They would be happy with the crappy 200.
REACTIVE.The 7/900 tshould have been added 10-15 years ago in my opinion.
I’d say that you are more on track. United was selling the Aviate opportunities at XJT right up until the day that they announced that they were going to cut a 145 operator, and any current 50 seat only operator could easily suffer the same fate. Air Wisconsin, like XJT was, seems to be a pretty well run company, but they currently only fly for United, and happen to operate a fleet that does not have a long term future if management meant what they said. The 70/76 seaters are maxed out and already being flown by others. The 700 type could put Air Wisconsin in a position to take the 550’s if GoJet fails, but Mesa and SkyWest already have programs in place and could most likely do it at a cost lower than keeping another regional on the books.