View Single Post
Old 03-20-2021, 10:10 AM
DarkSideMoon
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2016

Originally Posted by mixture lean View Post
While EWR or IAD with C5 would be ideal, they're both senior and all the new hires will be going to either IAH or DEN which is like a 3.5 to 4-hour commute. Furthermore, I've no idea when the next class will be and I don't want to miss what will likely be a busy summer with AW/G7 just to hold out for a potential phone call from C5. On the flip side, their future is more stable/solidified than AW/G7. With AW, I'd probably end up in IAD which is only an hour-ish commute from EWR. And even if they don't ink a deal with UA or AA in two years, then at least by then I'll have enough hours to hopefully get on with an ULCC or a reputable 135. UA could also theoretically transfer the 550's from G7 to AW now that they've added the 700/900 to their cert (should things not work out with them). I'm still very new to the airlines but that's just my thinking.
I tend to agree with this. As long as you think a regional will exist long enough to get what you need out of it, and you plan on a safety net if you miss your jump, long term stability isn’t super important. The goal is to not stay long enough for it to really matter.

Not everyone can get to their preferred major but just about everyone at the regionals can make it to someplace better then a regional.