Old 02-15-2008, 11:54 AM
skid
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007

All of this meger stuff is a mess. All it is gonna mean in the long run more people out of work. They always sugar coat this crap at first saying that this is gonna be great and no jobs will be lost. YEAH RIGHT!

Pilot jobs.. Yes there will be some lost. It may take a little while but when they really start to look at things they will eliminate a lot of runs that over lap each other. Yeah things may look more efficent but that still means less planes less pilots.

Mech, agent, rampers...Same thing here. They will eliminate some of the maint hubs that are not shared by both carriers. Agents and rampers all goes back to less # of flights through those overlapping cities.

It may mean a stronger carrier, maybe. Only the economy will tell that, Not one big airline.

I have not been at either carrier, but just ask all the old TWA guys and current AM West/US Air people how that worked out. 2 different situations, but still a lot of unhappy people (at least the ones i have worked with and talked too)

And at last will it all go through???? Who knows. It would not shock me!
Remember this is the same administration that thought opening a few restricted airspaces would help solve all the delay issues on the east coast for the holidays.