View Single Post
Old 03-23-2021, 09:49 AM
G550av8r
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2016

Bump....

Just researching the forums regarding FedEx PEs. Any new info to share regarding them?

Quick background....In my mid-30s, been a 91/135 guy my whole career. Great equipment/flying, but becoming for too unstable for me and my family. Aircraft ownership changes, schedule instability, lack of retirement, to name a few of the big ones....I'm ready to throw in the towel and try something new.

I have several buds at FedEx and they all absolutely love it there. I don't think there is a more stable gig out there right now that can handle dips in the economy and a pandemic to boot! I'm also a SoCal guy who would like to remain here and it seems FedEx has a strong presence in LAX and now OAK.

I put my app together a couple weeks ago and had it professionally reviewed. Once that was complete, one of my aforementioned buds put in a PE for me. We used to fly together as well so I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

Is there a typical timeframe from when one gets a PE to an interview invite? Months, years, anywhere in between? I heard recently that there has been a shift to where they are now weighted more heavily than previously before. And this is something new, supposedly in the last few months?

Thanks!