View Single Post
Old 03-23-2021, 07:39 PM
C17B74
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2013
Position: No Hats No Jackets No PAX

Same time last year many of us witnessed the international dump to nearly zero. Example: Scarce United 737 flights back and forth from Guam to Narita during the week. 218 seats I believe, 17 pax including myself per my count. They were running multiple 777s daily prior to this debacle. JAL and ANA had it right, 3 years before any substantial gains will be seen. International (true water crossings) is toast. I would guess forget 2021 and pin those hopes on 2022.

Hope things “roar” back and are sustained like many have declared. Just left Miami yesterday after a few days. Packed 777 into MIA from LAX a few days earlier with our nations “not so best” dressed / manners. Very next day Miami-Dade crushes their beaches (hoping to slow the fools down a bit) with an 8PM curfew so there’s that. Our hotels not even close to the beach and it still had plenty issues within its footprint. So much quieter flying around on the other continents for the time being so that’s a plus. Glad to be finished with training.