Thread: Ameriflight
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2021, 07:13 AM
RogerUp
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2021

Originally Posted by QRH Bingo View Post
I'm sorry I cannot help you with some of the specific hiring questions to start the process but I can at least give you an idea of what to expect while in the program.
You get hired on with UPS as an intern and work for them for at least 1 year (might be 2) and get paid $15/hr I think. During that time, you can build your flight hours so that you meet Ameriflight's FO minimum (500TT, 75 instrument, etc..). Then you work at Ameriflight as an FO (unless you meet PIC Mins) where they put you on the Brasilia, 1900 or Metro. When you meet PIC Mins you go into the Beech 99, then ideally you upgrade into a typed aircraft (1900 or Metro). I believe the minimum time required to be at Ameriflight is 3 years and then you get priority hiring back at UPS, it's not an automatic hire so keep your record clean.

A few things to consider; FO pay will be the same as your UPS intern pay (all the pay scales are on their website). Only the Brasilia is a 2 crew requirement so if you are put into the 1900 or Metro as an FO, that time will likely not count toward your ATP cert later on.
Hi QRH Bingo, thanks a lot for your comment! Sounds like a few years' patience will be needed before UPS hiring. I knew there is a Path II option which takes shorter period of time. But seems like that is for someone with more than adequate flight hours such as an existing airline pilot.