Thread: Ameriflight
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2021, 07:20 AM
RogerUp
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2021

Originally Posted by ZippyNH View Post
just remember.... flying a 100+ hrs a month as a copilot in a metro if you get into the charter department will get you into a be-99 far faste,r, thus earning higher pay and building PIC time faster than 30-50 hrs a month in an emb-120 as a copilot ...but flying the emb-120 does check off a box for multi-crew aircraft if I recall correctly.
Like in all paths, sometimes you must look closely, and weight pro's and con's. Nothing is set in stone as the BEST route, and the needs of both the company and YOUR flexibility will play a role.
Keep an open mind, and understand that flying cargo is not like a typical airline job you can be commuter ....It works for some (willing to move a couple times, usually with each equipment change), but not others. (Family situations are most common, sometimes related to a spouse's job, etc).
Thank you for the sincere suggestions, ZippyNH! I will take each one of these into consideration while choosing my career path. I met a FO from United Express said he's been waiting in Q for a while now to get an interview with a cargo airline. Is there really such a long line for pilot candidates during/after the pandemic?