View Single Post
Old 03-27-2021, 05:10 PM
Qotsaautopilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2010

You don’t go to southwest if you want to be senior before you die. You don’t go to breeze if you want to make any money or get senior without assuming massive risk.

Now, can you get senior relatively quickly and make a comfortable living at frontier or spirit? That depends on the future of ORD if that’s the domicile where you live and want to stay. If a company wants to have many small bases the company grows but your monthly bidding seniority really doesn’t because they just keep opening more and more bases. That seems to be what frontier is doing.

That being said, I think the company wide seniority potential for a new hire favors frontier. Unlike the legacies where seniority is driven by retirements, at the LCCs it’s driven by growth both company wide and in domicile. To upgrade or be a very senior FO either company has to double in size and so does ORD.

This is why it takes so long to gain seniority at southwest these days. To double that massive company would take decades if ever and retirements aren’t near the pace as the legacies. Still a great place to work with a great contract.

My point being that with the contracts being close at spirit and frontier the tipping point should be seniority growth which favors frontier with the wild card being how they plan to move forward with domicile structure. I do think you can make more money at spirit without having to work 82+ all the time.