Thread: F9 ipo
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2021, 02:39 PM
itsnotme
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2018

Originally Posted by dracir1 View Post
I think it's REAL important to listen to what is being said. Let's be real. Despite working for a company that has just as many challenges as others and exploits it's employees, we DO work for people who are extremely good at making money.

Owning part of the company - one in which the management and ownership are zoned in on profits - as an employee allows each of us to earn back some of that profit gained from our exploitation. The only real unfortunate aspect of ownership for us, unlike other airlines that have profit sharing and other incentives, is that we have to BUY the opportunity. Frankly (no pun), I can't imagine F9 being a bad buy as least for the short-term. I'm sure many Amazon employees own Amazon stock despite their exploitation as well (not saying F9 is anything like Amazon).

I will treat it just like every other stock I'm looking to purchase as I'm sure all of us will...

I would hope that preferred stock options and/or PS should be part of the next round of negotiations.
agreed. I was a bit miffed there wasn’t an invitation for employee participation but I’ve gotten over it and instead will buy it like any other stock while enjoying not being constrained by any lock up period.

At the end of the day we are contractors working for an investment firm that, as you said, is good at making money & that for now is how it is and I’m grateful to be here!

i stopped listening due to sensing a sales job that I’ve already heard. I would expect nothing less to those who are still learning what ULCC is. Maybe I’ll pick up where I left off 😀