Old 03-31-2021, 09:23 AM
Ronaldo
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2011
Position: Under beer over couch after skool

Originally Posted by Red Forman View Post
You realize the popular vote has nothing to do with electing presidents don’t you?
For now yes. But in thread context the popular vote could be seen as AN indicator of the popularity of a candidate or platform across the country.

If we’re lucky this will pass in a few more states: https://www.nationalpopularvote.com/

Originally Posted by galaxy flyer View Post
Yes, on the voting, ID required, not certain about the pay. Those bills are to ensure the legitimacy of the vote, mailing out ballots to anyone, not producing ID, not recording change of addresses, not recording on voting rolls deaths, there’s a hundred holes in the system.
Well, finding a way to get every qualified voter access to the polls is a start. I disagree on the purported purpose of many of these bills.

I’m curious how mail-in voting was always okay for State Department and Military but wrong for others. I registered once and was sent a ballot every year. I didn’t have to go back and re-register every year. I also didn’t have to re-register for selective service every year. At a minimum, paying your taxes every year or renewing your drivers license should register you to vote and you should be able to request a mail-in ballot. A lot of employees, including airline pilots need mail-in ballots. So do elderly and disabled folks. As for ID requirements, we’d also have to address the thousands of people that grew up in the foster system and have a hard time getting historical documents.