View Single Post
Old 03-31-2021, 03:24 PM
fasteddie800
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2016

Originally Posted by New York Times
The president’s comments came only hours after the C.D.C. director, Dr. Rochelle Walensky, appeared to fight back tears as she pleaded with Americans to “hold on a little while longer” and continue following public health advice, like wearing masks and social distancing, to curb the virus’s spread.
I'm not all that familiar with the medical field. I have however spent a good bit of time in and around the federal government. I look at "Dr" Walensky's bio, and I see someone who graduated med school, spent a handful of years practicing medicine, and then progressed into several management roles, became a professor, then went into government.

Very accomplished, for sure. But I regard her as a federal bureaucrat much more than a Doctor. She's doing what bureaucrats do, she's spouting whatever message keeps her and her organization relevant (and funded). It's not malicious, it's just the nature of the beast. If Dr. Walensky was in charge, we'd be wearing masks and social distancing until the end of time.

Haven't got a whole lot of faith in the current administration to see the difference between Doctor and bureaucrat. Glad to see some of the Statehouses do.