Old 04-01-2021, 08:07 AM
Speed Select
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2016
Position: NBC

Originally Posted by Descendto450 View Post
Great Post. First one I’ve seen on this thread for a while. Both sides are so entrenched in their ideology that this thread is a great example of what our country is going through right now. Thanks for bringing a level headed response to a entertaining (because of how ridiculous most of these responses have been) discussion..
No. There are a lot of good posts in all of these threads.

The trouble rests with the whole concept of “ideological divide.” “Ideological divide” presumes relative moralism, which is a logical fallacy, and generally what’s wrong with this country. If everything is acceptable, then nothing is unacceptable (to the point that it infringes on your relative power over others). I suspect the 99% agree on just about everything when put in the context of real life. Positions are taken, however, for political, social, financial expediency because at the core we all know it’s “survival of the fittest” within our communities.

In other words, “wear a mask” because I’m betting this is the tribe that’s going to protect me (socially, for instance) if things really get bad. People know masks don’t work (how did I get a cold this season despite my disciplined mask wearing and mitigation). This is all about aligning with the perceived power advantage.

If there is any ideological divide, it’s collectivism versus individualism. “My face, my choice?”

- signed, Mask Wearing Got my CV Jab Two Weeks Ago Guy

Last edited by Speed Select; 04-01-2021 at 08:22 AM.