View Single Post
Old 04-01-2021, 11:46 AM
PilotBases
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2020

Originally Posted by Gone Flying View Post
they took an hours cut but in exchange were pay protected to whatever pay they had pre COVID. And with CARES those cuts lasted 1 bid month.

we probably could have reached a better deal but the company was dead-set against several deals (because “optics”) and many in our ranks were incredible vocal NO to anything. I’m honestly amazed we got as far as we did.

With that said I think it will be years before we are caught up on hiring. I keep hearing we want to be back to 100% 2019 numbers by XX date. As of right now we need to hire ~2,100 pilots to get back to our April 2020 seniority list headcount and that number grows every month.
If we want to be 100% 2019 numbers in summer 2023, we will need to hire ~3,000 pilots between now and then (on top of training all UNAs)
3,000 in 24 months isn’t impossible. Before COVID I think we were gearing up for something like 1,200. Some judicial use of off site sims makes it within touching distance. Throw in likely a few extra sims and FTDs and I don’t think it’s beyond the realm of possibility. Nice seniority boost for the guys at the bottom who had a rough last year.