View Single Post
Old 02-16-2008, 09:15 AM
RAGATO
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: LMCO

Originally Posted by TheNid View Post
You never "sign up" for Standard...it's yours by default for being an ID card holder. You need to sign up for Prime if you want to keep it by the 20th of the month before the effective date of retirement, otherwise, after retirement you become Standard. Which, IMO, is not a bad gig. My wife and boy have enjoyed it while I've been on AD. I think the only big change for stnd for ret vs. AD in the yearly cap goes up to 3K vs 1K. I think many get a supplemental ins to cover some other inpatient shortfalls,etc.
Well, true about Std as long as you have signed up as a retiree since you have to pay for it.

My family has been Prime for a long time and it has worked in the past....my kids live in SHV and I'm in ABI. I'm thinking Prime will still be good but not sure about the new co-pays.

Standard might be good as a secondary since technically if you have other insurance coverage, Tricare is always secondary. Just trying to see if it's worth having 2 with Delta's as the primary or whether I should consider just Prime.