View Single Post
Old 04-02-2021, 02:00 PM
400000Dead
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2021

Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
Well I wasn't trying to be an a$$ but since that seems default mode for you and the rest of APC, OK. I was genuinely trying to understand your point. April is after February - I guess I am missing the brilliant point you are making that somehow Fauci's doom and gloom predictions made in February for the next few months are a testament to his genius because he revised them in April?

Sticking with baseball, when he says the virus is going to score 20 runs in the middle innings, but you get to the 8th inning and the virus has 3, your good with that? is that what you are saying? I mean, I think the point that Antipeter made was that Fauci had "predicted" a huge spike to swallow up Florida and Texas when they relaxed restrictions, and that never happened. And your response is to smugly post another recent article with him cautioning not to relax too early...bad things could happen...I don't get how that is all connected is all. Sorry, not smart enough I guess.
Everyone wants it to be clear cut. We are at risk of a 4th wave. That risk is now diminishing due to better than expected vaccine delivery.

What was said in February was true at the moment it was said. 4th wave was likely due to relaxing behavior. It is still probable, just not as severe.

These are not complicated concepts to follow. But people are foaming at the the mouth because the predictions don't pan out exactly as they should.

Another thing to consider.. The mitigation after a warning changes the trajectory. And that really sets the knuckledraggers off.