View Single Post
Old 04-02-2021, 05:57 PM
USMCFDX
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006

Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
I think you are wrong on this - many have posted exactly that. This is the ONLY reason why the Company wouldn't have to a contribution. Look, you should email the NC or R&I and ask some pointed questions - I think you've just got a lot wrong here and we have to start by agreeing on the facts. If you have some actual facts with data to back them up, please post those.
Tuck - performance has nothing to do with required funding requirements - funding levels and liabilities require contributions not performance. You should email someone or read the FedEx 10-K filings. You have a lot wrong.

I don't have the current funding levels of our plan that was sent to us last year but if you read the document there are two different funding levels shown based on two different accounting methods. One of them shows us in a much better position than the other.

You can't possibly believe that FedEx would contribute extra billions with a "B" to our plan if it were fully funded and the performance was and great as you seem to think it is. There is a lot of accounting black magic that goes on.

Here are some facts from the 2019 10-K
FedEx 2019 10K SEC filing

2019 - Actual returns 4.05% - expected 6.75%

2018 - Actual returns 6.3% - expected 6.5%

2017 - Actual returns 9.2% - expected 6.5%

15 year period ended May 31, 2019 actual rate of return 7.5% net of fees and expenses

In 2018 22 million was required to be contributed and FedEx contributed 2.478 billion dollars

In 2019 there was zero dollars required to be contributed yet FedEx contributed 1.0 billion dollars