View Single Post
Old 04-03-2021, 05:52 AM
Cookenbauer
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2011

Originally Posted by JamesBond View Post
I don't disagree that reroutes suck, but your pipe dream is about as likely as me playing in the NFL. The only one you might get close to is the shortened layover by more than 2 hours.

I'm not being a company guy here, but if they had to pay all those things at double pay, they would have no flexibility and it is necessary for them to have some to run the airline. BUT... they have abused it no doubt. What if those reroute legs were pay no credit? It might amount to the same thing actually, so it might not work either. It was just off the top of my head. It would be an interesting discussion.
Unfortunately the abuse is and was synonymous as normal ops and a scheduling tool. My take...while I don't want to be rerouted, I understand the company needs to sometimes keep the operation running. If they need me to do it...that's fine, but I need to be properly compensated. I have a strong feeling most pilots would go ahead and accept a reroute willingly if double pay started coming into play. Also...if the reason why the company needs "flexibility " is self imposed because their crusade to eliminate credit and create absurd rotations destinated to fail are the norm...well I have zero patience with trying to by a team player because they are being bad faith actors. Reroute language is arguably my most important concern next contract with regards to QOL item bucket lists.