View Single Post
Old 04-03-2021, 02:47 PM
Hedley
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2020

Originally Posted by jacburn View Post
I see UA putting too much money into the 145 right now. They are attempting to not do D checks by flying some of the LR's instead of the XR's. However, I also see them getting ready to put in a large amount of money into them and I can see them staying around for more than 5 years. New interior, onboard entertainment system (movies in the app, but no ground internet), painting the exterior (one just came out of the paint shop about 2 weeks ago, and a new FMS system to completely replace the ones onboard now. I see a lot of money going into the 145's and that means it will have to be a few years down the road for them to justify that expense.

Also, you UA guys held the scope line and that kinda backs him into a corner with having to fly the 50 seat planes. And I did hear the 200's are on the way out over the next year or two for what it is worth (AW with the 550).
Be careful reading too much into anything United spends money on. They spent a ton of money “buying” ExpressJet, giving them 175’s, promoted them as a solid Aviate path to United, and then......BAM.... kicked them right in the junk. You’re probably right that the 200’s will be the first to go, but 145 pilots need to be looking over their shoulders too. I feel pretty confident that U pilots will not relax scope. Being a 50 seat pilot for UAX right now is like dating a bipolar chick. Both can be fun at times, but it can get ugly really fast as well. Not wishing people harm, but remember who is paying the rent and tread with caution.