View Single Post
Old 02-16-2008, 05:05 PM
Navajo31
Sitting on the sidelines

Joined APC: Aug 2007

1.I don't think NetJets will be a threat to Flexjet since Flex has exclusive access to the Challenger and Learjet series. CS's ownership by Cessna should help them as well.

2. While CS new daily rate appears higher than Flex's new pay, I think Flex has alot more flexibility (sorry - no other word seems appropriate). You can bid down to 14 days, or up to 18. You can change your bid every bid period if you want. 7/7 doesn't give you as many options when your cousin's wedding is on the wrong weekend. If you want to work more, there are opportunities to make plenty of money at Flexjet.

3. Flex's base in FLL would be closest to you. It would be theoretocally possible to establish a "residence" in FLL at the UPS Store and catch Southwest to get to work. You would need to go the night before each rotation.

4. Flex's rotations are 4,5,6 days on followed by 3 or 4 days off. The PBS is no one's favorite, but they are willing to manipulate it if need be to solve problems.

5. I think the atmosphere at Flex is terrific. It's a great company to work for IMHO.

Good luck!