View Single Post
Old 04-06-2021, 01:08 PM
gloopy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2010
Position: window seat

Originally Posted by notEnuf View Post
I think we are making the same point. If you don't sign in and the LCA calls scheduling, the trip is removed. You are still on rest and no duty period has started that would then require the 10 hour prospective rest. You are now ok to pick up slips immediately after the trip was removed. Just like a GS on off days. Unless something changed I'm unaware of this was the key to 3x pay. It worked for me a few times, once upon a time.
I don't think it works that way, although what you are thinking of can still be done in many cases. But it still has to be original report compliant for FAR's. The computer may allow it even if its not, but if you had a trip that report time was the end of your prospective rest. Period. Having it dropped just before the original report time is irrelevant. To be legal in that case you'd need a new 10 hours to report, or whatever slip you picked up would have to be rest compliant with your original report since you had less than 10 hours notice to its change.

Just as in the past they could call you at the hotel for a delayed flight and keep pushing your report up, along with the start of your duty day, now such "courtesy calls" do nothing to your report time. Even when made before report; you are still on duty until you either time out or are given a new 10 hour period. That period has to be pre-defined and cannot "slide forward" with an LCA pre-release (unless the LCA gives 10+ hours notice of course).

If your trip was a noon report for a 1PM departure and the LCA released you at 11:45AM you could still legally pick up...but if the new trip started at 3PM your FAR report would still be noon because that was your prospective rest end time and you didn't get a new 10 hours. It can't be slid or retroactively erased because of a last minute release from everything I've seen on this.