View Single Post
Old 04-06-2021, 03:46 PM
Vernon Demerest
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2019

Originally Posted by MochaSwirl View Post
So someone please tell me, what the big deal is?

Nobody is trying to combat racism with racism and is a foolish thought to think of.

As Vernon said 99% of the people he works with are black.

3% of commercial pilots are black, hell 1% consist of women, and 7% Hispanic, so GOD forbid we add a little diversity into the mix so as long as they’re qualified!

Nobody said anything about lowering standards , and I wouldn’t be surprised if someone even took offense to that statement either, because it seems as though that due to the fact that one is a person of color they must be less qualified to hold the position at hand.

I bet if one said “I didn’t get the job because I’m black/asian/latino” one would be up in arms about that too saying “Don’t bring up, the race card”

Well boom, they’re qualified some more than qualified,and it just so happens airlines are trying to be more diverse.

Last I checked, there’s still a stigma about black people, if there wasn’t one wouldnt of mentioned anything about “lowering standards”.

They have to pass the same checkrides you do, go through the same training as you do and follow procedures as you.

It’s funny when I see posts like this because some of you act like you have a chip on your shoulder because you think a lesbian, Asian, Jamaican, woman took your job.

All the while 90%+ consist of Caucasian males.

End of the day if you have some crap to say in regards to welcoming diversity to qualified individuals no matter, what race, gender, or creed you just sound sad.

Vent on here I guess, because you never would do it in front of them because you’d scatter like roaches and we’d all be hearing crickets.

If your post is in reference to mine that you have quoted, I suggest you re-read it.