View Single Post
Old 05-06-2006, 02:37 PM
airman767

Default UPS Management Job

Hi,

I'm a Captain at one of the troubled majors and noticed the UPS Management pilot positions available. I was wondering if anyone has the gouge on these positions. Some of the info I'd like to know is: 1. Pay & Benefits 2. Working environment (do they expect you to be a headhunter), are these Management pilots respected among the pilot group? 3. Job security (will the union try to eliminate these jobs with line pilots) 4. Possible advancement.

Also, I turned down a class date with UPS back in 1996 because my wife became pregnant with our first child while I was waiting for my class date. We decided it would be best to stay local where our parents and support systems were. I explained this to UPS in my letter to them telling them I would not be able to attend class. The big question is..... Did I burn the UPS bridge? Would they even consider interviewing me again? I didn't turn them down because I wanted to fly for a major and didn't want to fly freight. It was strictly a "what is best for my family at this time" decision.

Thanks