Thread: Amerijet
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2021, 06:34 PM
aznpilot87
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2017

Originally Posted by Commit Aviation View Post
We currently bid for days off. 9 rostered days off (RDO) which are like your hard days off. 3 days off (DO) which are like soft days, they could be moved around by the company. We are in transition with a new MEC to begin contract talks in the upcoming months. Home basing and a different means of bidding expected in new contract. Unsure if we will push for lines or say bud what weeks you want to work and fly what falls in your footprint. Obviously under current CBA the days are awarded based on seniority.

In Miami we do Brussels trips that usually are 4 days. Or you can fly multiple leg hops thru the Caribbean, Mexico and Latin America. USPS runs out of SJU, ONT and SMF. The SMF or ONT trips tend to go senior because it’s easy and one and done. CVG we inherited the 200 flying from Giant. Currently go to IAH, AUS, DEN, BWI and do the “north loop” out of MIA to Panama, Costa Rica and either back to MIA or up to CVG. We expect to return to DHL European network in the future. We had been doing EMA and JFK.

Future plans hope to see USPS expansion and maybe even a new fleet type along with it. However the company has not made any official announcement on that so it’s only rumor at this point. We hope to obtain another 767 later on this year too. We have a lot of moving pieces and parts currently. So patience is a virtue. We are overhauling training. Updating manuals. Improving the ops control center and other projects. A lot of growing pains combined with corporate culture changes. All for the better.

I am not condoning the crickets. But I have seen behind the curtain at the amount of work being done by so many. All I can say is be patient, stay on top of them if you want to work here and keep the faith. Right now we’re trying to finish IOE on new hires and two upgrade classes. We’re busy. This may help. It may not. Bottom line we know we have a long way to go to improve. We’re trying.
Will they address the 401K in the new contract? To have a better 401K for amerijet pilots?