View Single Post
Old 04-07-2021, 11:04 AM
SonicCarhop
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2021

Originally Posted by RJSAviator76 View Post
No issues with promoting aviation to the minorities and women to get into the industry. Not by a long shot. In fact, I think that's a fantastic idea... Having said that, going woke with the arbitrary quotas, and trashing the white males is where they lose me.

I'm a Southwest guy, but I hope to God we don't start with this BS. By default, every time I set foot onboard our jet, I couldn't give two sh*ts about the sex or race of the pilots up front. My default assumption is that they're rockstars who had what it takes to get hired.

At Southwest, up until a couple of years ago, every applicant had to have at least 1,000 hours of turbine PIC. That means everyone had to either get promoted to aircraft commander in the military, be a captain of a jet or a turboprop in the civilian world, get selected to interview, pass the interview, get through training and make it online. I've flown with minorities, women, older guys, younger gals, you name it... But one thing NOBODY could do would be question if they've actually earned their place. They all have, hands down, without a shadow of a doubt... their sex, race, ethnicity mattered/matters about as much as the color of their eyes.

But in light of "we're instituting quotas to show how woke we are...", United literally took a giant dump on every single one of their pilots, men and women alike, any race or ethnicity, because now you've put a question mark on every single minority or a female applicant on whether or not they've truly earned their spot, or if they were hired to show some woke idiots' virtue signaling skills. Disgusting!
Out of curiosity, are you familiar with what the requirements are to go from entry into the Aviate program to being hired on by United?