View Single Post
Old 04-07-2021, 10:19 PM
kaputt
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2011
Default Add-on instructor written test question

I have a student that is a CFI-G and is going to be adding on CFI-A. He is studying for the written and planning to take the 25 question add-on written. He asked me a question that I didn't know the answer to so I figured I would tap the knowledge base here.

He is using the ASA prep and the key at the beginning says to study questions with 'AIR' marked before the question. However, some of the questions that are marked 'AIR' are also marked 'GLI', so presumably he's already been tested on those. But it's a little unclear if those questions can be re-asked again?

The test prep does make a distinction that anything marked 'ALL' does not need to be studied. Most of the questions that are marked for both 'AIR' and 'GLI' are items in the aerodynamics and aircraft performance category. Tried looking through regs and other FAA docs and came up empty.

Logic should dictate that they won't be asked again, but I know the FAA/govt doesn't always deal in logic. Any help that could be provided would be awesome.