View Single Post
Old 04-08-2021, 04:17 AM
baseball
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2013

Originally Posted by hummingbear View Post
To be clear, I’m not for lowering standards at all. So once again for perspective, it bears reviewing what United has actually committed to doing. Over the next ten years, they plan to find from a population of 330 million, 2,500 women & people from minority demographics, train them to fly to FAA standards, and give them a chance to interview for a position at UAL. If you honestly don’t think that can be done without sacrificing safety, you may need to examine your world view.
Is that a legitimate and worthy expenditure of the company's resources and the employees profit sharing?
There may be X number of women on the planet. There may be Y number of other so-called racial minorities.
Other people who are on a mission, I guess you would call them the non X and Y people just want to go out and find their way, and earn their stripes. Those people are motivated enough to see to it that they are trained to FAA standards. Another words, they don't seem to have a problem turning their dreams into reality on their own dime and own time.

Examine a world view where you are self motivated, and a self starter, and you take control over your own destiny by investing in yourself. Earn what you get and get what you earn.

I used to think they don't pay the check-airman enough. Now I am convinced of it. I wonder if they will be resigning in droves because of the increased risk and liability. I am sure our check airman were consulted on this program right? Just like the line pilots were?