View Single Post
Old 04-10-2021, 01:41 PM
kronan
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: 757 Capt

Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
There's no need for examples of how the reserve system could be different when there are plenty of examples in the passenger world that have been tried and test and those operations have even more arrivals and departures for fortress hubs clustered around specific times.. The talk about how the system form is different is just regurgitating something that sounds like a negotiating talking point from the management.

Other bases within the company have longer call out times on reserve so its possible.
When I look at Fortress Delta or Fortress American, I think I'll see departures starting around 0530 and continuing through 1130. When I look at Fortress FedEx, I'll see two distinct departure windows (and one distinct arrival window.) I'll see departures from 0230-0430 and 1500-1800 (roughly)
It might be just me, but I'm still thinking system form is very different for FedEx\UPS as compared to Pax carriers. As one example, what "we" tend to call 1 day trips would be 2 days for the Pax pilots (or have I misunderstood comments on other posts)

When I fly on a Pax line, attitude seems to be...we'll get you there, eventually. But no promises on the timing. And if we have to, we'll cancel flights versus doing whatever we can to find a pilot to fly it.
FedEx and UPS both have various delivery guarantees.

And both FedEx and UPS have similar report times across the country.