View Single Post
Old 04-12-2021, 07:12 AM
HIFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: 777 Captain in Training

Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
You've got some good knowledge and done some solid homework. Are you saying you have volunteered before? You've only been here a few years (5million right?) and I've never heard of you or seen you on any ALPA committees ever. Just want to make sure here - TonyC probably would for sure know if you've been volunteering your services. Accuracy is important. I don't believe you ran in any block rep election?
I may be way off base here but are you saying you have to be a ALPA volunteer to be taken seriously? I guess the real question here is who works for who and who should decide how WE proceed. In plain words does the union work for the collective group or do we work for the union leadership? If it matters I do volunteer to the union. The NC or others might be smart but are they trained retirement plan developers? Yes we have outside vendors providing guidance but in all honesty they have much to gain if we go down this road, so are they really impartial? I know some very smart pilots here with extremely impressive educational backgrounds so I do not assume the volunteers are the smartest of us. I am in no way saying they are not smart but it is being implied they are the best experts when honestly that may or may not be true.