View Single Post
Old 04-12-2021, 08:05 PM
Big E 757
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: A320 Left seat

Originally Posted by tripled View Post
premerger dal gave hints that they might have to staff 777b with newhires if 08/09 intl growth plans came to pass. They didn’t and they didn’t but it caught one’s imagination.

Ok, cliff notes version because I saw this misunderstanding the other day and no one commented on it, so I’ll try to clarify, but I’m probably wrong again...and then I’m taking my APC break...

Someone earlier mentioned that after this bid there would be positions for 350 new hires. Someone mistook the 350 new hire positions for A350 new hire positions. Someone quoted it and then someone else said they did that cause they’re getting ready to hire, like they did with the 777.

a couple of you are talking past each other, I think, but I’m probably wrong. Peace, fellas, and ladies.

Also, after the craziness of this past year, it is absolutely impossible to “guess” how junior or senior ANY position is going to go here. For everyone that is loving not being used as WB FO, there is a guy stuck in a hotel in some foreign country who was let into his room by a police person that didn’t give the occupant a key to his or her room so they couldn’t leave. The NB guys are sick of either dead heading every other day or sitting 3.5 hours, to fly to an 11 hour overnight. The NB reserve guys and girls, at least in my fleet are being used every day on reserve...things have been different recently, and not in a good way. Those who bid based on the last few months, might seek seniority and down bid to be senior. The Pollyanna’s (that’s not a dispersion) will bid on what they think the future holds in the next year or two. There’s no right answer, but having said all that, people’s perception of our current reality and the reality going forward, is more polarized, in my opinion, than at any other time in 20 years, so yeah, bid what you want, but most importantly, want every position on your bid. Now I’m out for a while. Peace!

Edit: All while we have a couple thousand pilots who have been making close to the same money for sitting at home on NQAT status. You want to know the only certainty? If NQAT was a biddable position, it’d go to the most senior pilots on the seniority list.

I’m not bashing the NQAT pilots! I promise. I’m bashing whoever is in charge of staffing.

Last edited by Big E 757; 04-12-2021 at 08:22 PM.