View Single Post
Old 02-17-2008, 11:30 AM
flyharm
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: B-737 Capt.

Originally Posted by Oldfreightdawg View Post
I probably take liberty with that statement more than I should because ALPA was behind supporting the legislation and APA was not (in fact APA didn't even know about it until it was signed into law). Over at APA, the feeling is that your particular situation may be repeated because it has set precedence among arbitrators. If it becomes unraveled, that may change.

I agree with your assessment of ALPA. The power brokers there only care about preserving ALPA the institution. Good Luck.
This US Airways-Failed ALPA Merger Policy should never be repeated! The arbitrator was bound to follow ALPA Merger Policy, which he did not do. The list is in error for many reasons, a huge one due to some pilots being treated as furloughed when they were on property! ALPA lost that lawsuit already. If USAPA gets voted in, we go back to square one. It appears that APA has not done their homework, or is simply listening to ALPA rhetoric. They were smart to leave ALPA some 40 years ago. The flawed Nicolau "award" is not effective or permanent unless a new TA is voted in. That seems highly unlikely at this point. ALPA Merger Policy clearly states that there is to be no windfall, and the list to be fair and equitable. The proposed list is the farthest thing from the very tenants that ALPA declares, but does not follow. It makes as much sense as ALPA giving away our retirement without even letting the pilots vote! Thanks ALPA. I'll never forget you.