View Single Post
Old 04-13-2021, 04:48 PM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
Not aiming this at you Rick, but using your comment about anecdotal as the launching pad to note that I find it humorous that people will take some anecdotal stories about”long Covid” and spin that into a complete crisis, but dismiss some “anecdotal” blood clotting as not worth stopping vaccinations for.
I didn't spin anything either way... MY only concern with "long covid" is the FAA, they seem a bit spring-loaded there. AZ (and maybe J&J) appear to have statistically relevant clotting events, absolutely worth looking into and at some point suspending use until resolved.

For the mRNA vaccines however I've seen no statistical info on clotting events. Naturally out of 100's of millions of people vaccinated the MSM has managed to go out and find a couple people who had health issues the same week they got vaccinated, and they'll ride that pony hard until it keels over. With the Donald gone and covid containment in sight, they're hurting for business.

If the clotting issues involve the same mechanism by which covid-induced clotting occurs then it could be immune-related. Even then, you have to weigh that vs. the risk associated with covid. What we've seen so far indicates the covid risk is greater than any vaccine-associated risks for all vaccines for all or almost all demographics (kids seem almost immune to covid, they should definitely tread lightly there). The mRNA vaccines have been deployed the longest and to vast numbers of people, I'm certain that if there was anything more than background noise it would have come to light by now.

It's also probable that even if there is a risk of rare, serious adverse events the net benefit of vaccination is still going to outweigh the risks. Of course it's still your personal choice either way. I've also seen some discussion about treatment for the clotting disorder... sounds like if they know what it is it's pretty treatable so that will help now that the word is out.