View Single Post
Old 04-14-2021, 07:58 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by Mesabah View Post
This doctor died of the same issue from the Pfizer vaccine. https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/12/h...ine-death.html
Originally Posted by germanaviator View Post
That's really not what the article said. It specifically says it is unknown whether his condion was caused by the vaccine. Dying after vaccination is not the same as dying as a result of vaccination. There may be a link or there may not be. In a group of millions of people, recently vaccinated or not, one would expect to see even very rare medical conditions occasionally. Only if these occur more frequently than what would be statistically normal in the general population should we start to get worried. That one isolated case of the doctor dying two weeks after he got the BioNtech/Pfizer means very little.
Yes. This was one of two events publicized fairly early on but with literally hundreds of millions of mRNA doses delivered it is quite literally background noise with no statistical relevance.

And I'm not discounting the real possibility that the vaccine caused that, but the incidence is so low as to be irrelevant. It basically falls into the same very real but very minuscule risk category associated with using ANY pharmaceutical (or unregulated supplements)... there will be rare adverse events. That doesn't mean you should avoid all pharma even where there's a clear benefit. The mRNA have a pretty clearly favorable risk/benefit balance at this point.

I personally DO avoid pharma to the extent practical, I don't go to the doc asking for pills, I actually ask about non-pharma solutions. But if pharma's the right answer I'll go ahead and do it. It's not a religious thing with me. I avoid most supplements like the plague, those aren't regulated or certified. Even natural plant products might not contain what they claim to.