View Single Post
Old 04-17-2021, 05:27 PM
sleeves
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: 737 fo

Originally Posted by KSwift76 View Post
I appreciate your thoughtful post. Didn't see the other one you quoted. Typing on a phone so pardon the grammatical, spelling errors etc....

I understand your frustration. I hear you when you say you feel like you are being discriminated against. I just can't figure out how. You, (I assume you are a white male) are still getting 50% of the opportunity. Everyone else has to split 50% of the opportunity. These are not jobs until you pass the aviate interview. I imagine the off the street hiring will still be whatever it is now (I imagine 85% based on nothing more than my informal assumptions based on the people I see in the crew room, training center, and in the right seat). How is 50 % of the new thing, plus 85% 9f the old thing unfair to you.
The percentage is irrelevant. It is the fact that people are being hired and others are being excluded solely based on race. That is what this program does. Excluding minorities and women based solely on race was wrong and hiring the someone based solely on race is wrong too.
Are we going to make the NBA hire a certain percentage of white Or Asian guys and girls? Would that requirement and increased diversity make the league better? Maybe they should just continue to be able to hire the best basketball players? Maybe we should just hire the best pilots and leave race out of it. I have flown with awesome guys and girls of all races. Impeding the progress of someone who is white so that someone of color can take his place is racist.