View Single Post
Old 04-18-2021, 01:22 PM
Rostov
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2016

Originally Posted by tyler durden View Post
Did it hurt your feelings that the very person that SHOULD know from experience that the highly challenging and potentially disastrous perils of flight training demands only the BEST qualified should be selected? Of all of the CEOs, Kirby is the only one that launched this program yet also the only one that was eliminated from Air Force pilot training. No doubt an extremely intelligent and competent individual, but not cut out for aviation. Not everyone is and if you’ve been in this business long enough, you would realize that and how tragically unforgiving it can be. He should know better.

With the looming pilot shortage and the alarming probability of street captains, what criteria was used for this decision that could impact not only his shareholders, but the safety of the flying public? Did this ambitious training program involve an objective skills/aptitude test (TBAS) other than skin color or gender? The military still uses standardized testing, I wonder why?
only a matter time before the social justice warriors get rid of that too.

While certainly vogue to discard all standardized testing and aptitude tests like SAT/ACT, as racist, perhaps we should draw the line we’re lives are at risk.

Curious how data driven, verifiable studies and statistics claim to be used to support critical decisions ...unless such data fails to suit ones personal social agenda.

Apologies to the sensitive, but these are deadly serious discussions that warrant adult conversation, not feel-good board room chat. I’m quite certain the experienced straight shooters at United ‘s training department were not invited to the discussion
I love it some idiot thinks that SK is not cut out to make decisions because they think he washed out of pilot training (which sounds like it isnt true). Lets see, dude climbs to the top of the corporate latter, successfully navigates the worst crisis in aviation history, and we come out looking to be in a better position than nearly all of our competitors and first to hire.

I think you need to spend some time in self reflection and realize that our pilots run the gambit of intelligence. From flat earther anti vax stupidity to some serious professional intellectuals. SK clearly is at the top of his game, I doubt the same is true for you.