View Single Post
Old 04-19-2021, 05:10 PM
PilotBases
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2020

Originally Posted by CentrlIL View Post
I’ve had my LW stealth bag for 5 years and it’s been a piece of junk since day 1. When I received my first bag one of the wheels rubbed so much it hardly moved. I returned this bag and received one that squeaked and rubbed but at least rolled. I should have sent this one back too but I didn’t.

Almost every screw has gotten loose even after adding locktite and bigger screws. Zippers are breaking off left and right and now the stitching is coming apart. The frame is bent and oh yea the bag weighs like 50 pounds empty. It’s likely you’ll end up with shoulder problems at some point from lifting this thing into the overheads. I strongly recommend going with any except for LW.

A guy I flew with recently had one that looked almost new. When I asked how long he had it he said 15 years. I was shocked especially when he told me that he’s done next to nothing to it except replace a zipper. That leads me to believe these were once very good bags but are not anymore.
LW exists because people keep buying them, but they are overpriced and overweight for their quality. Only one I think looks decent is the Aurora. Bought it for the wife on discount and it holds up well, while not looking like a pilot bag. I don’t know why people still buy the full metal frames when Jepp cases are long gone.