Old 04-20-2021, 09:58 AM
NJGov
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: A319/321 FO

Originally Posted by Buck Rogers View Post

NJGov...maybe you can close the loop if you get more definitive guidance....I'd like to know for personal edification. Thx
Sure, good thoughts overall.

It is a domestic transcon 2-day rotation. One leg operating, minimum rest in an airport hotel, then DH back the following morning. I was/am looking to deviate, and take an earlier flight back home/domicile (I live in base).

Warm fuzzy not needed/helpful, was looking for input because I did scour the FAQ of the LOA that started positive space commuting (so the PWA doesn't address this).. and figured there'd might be someone else who already had this situation happen to them in the past 12 months who frequents these boards and might provide edification for everyone..

Anyhow, I was advised by my ALPA rep that this is a gray area and not to make the PS booking now but instead just wait until rotation sign-in to make my DDH listing in iCrew. Further feedback was solicited from me and any others to write-in to reps and possibly get this gray area addressed with the company.

Follow-on question - and full disclaimer, I didn't look in the PWA or SRH yet, so I'll claim laziness on that one - but I know DDH stops my "TAFB for PerDiem" calculation, but then does it also put me into Rest? Or does rest still begin at the conclusion of the original rotation footprint?